Why Book This Tour
Get to know Beijing in one day on this sight-packed, full-day guided tour. Spend the day exploring top Beijing’s attractions – Tiananmen, Forbidden City, and Mutianyu with your expert tour guide. Enjoy fast-track entry and a guided tour. Break for a delicious Chinese lunch. Finish a great day in a no-hassle way to see the most breathtaking views.
- OverviewDuration: full dayOptimal season: All year around, except for Mondays and public holiday, best time: March-DecemberArea: Huairou districtBegin in: Your hotelEnd in: Your hotel or central-located place, or train stationAvg. daily distance: 2 milesTerrain: Rolling to hillyMin altitude: 331mMax altitude: 978mPhysical rating: ModerateDeparture: Daily departing from Beijing
- PricesPrice table:
Group size 1pax 2pax 3pax 4pax 5pax 6pax 7pax 8pax 9pax Prices (RMB Per Person) 1480 940 880 820 780 680 620 580 540
All Prices shown are in RMB (Chinese Yuan) and based per person.Price Promises:
- No factory / shopping stop
- No hidden costs
- No booking fees
For your peace of mind, you don’t pay for the trip until after the trip has taken place. You could pay cash to your tour guide when you are picked up if you are certain that you will not cancel the trip with us. No pre-payment or deposit is required at reservation. Your money will be safe. Both RMB and US dollar are acceptable. Money ConverterSpecial for kids:
To help families we offer discounts to all children aged 17 years and below. No reason to leave the kids at the hotel.
- Ages 0 to 4 years – FREE!
- Ages 5 to 11 years – 50% off–children must be accompanied by at least two responsible adults.
- Ages 12 to 17 years – 5% off
- 5% off with valid student ID
- City accommodation pick-up
- Transportation from Beijing to Mutianyu/Tiananmen, Forbidden City and back
- On request, drop-off at (same) different locations: centrally located hotel, train station with your luggage (greater luggage requirements please ask for a quotation)
- A friendly, knowledgeable, and experienced tour guide
- A delicious lunch as described in the itinerary
- Free-bottled mineral water in the vehicle
- Skip the line entry to Forbidden City
- Entry to Mutianyu Great Wall
- You’ll automatically become a member of WGW, your spouse and kids to a lifetime discount of 5% off any trip after your first one (membership details)
- Gratuity to driver and guide (optional)
- Drinks and other meals
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Cable car / Toboggan / Chair lift
- Sunscreen, sunglasses
- Comfortable shoes
- Extra bottles of water, fruit, cereal or protein bars, snacks
- Hat in summer
- Full itineraryFull Itinerary:
Your tour begins in central Beijing when you hop inside your comfortable, air-conditioned car. Meet your friendly, local guide, and then sit back and enjoy the sights on a panoramic drive around the heart of this historical city.
As you make your way through the city, your guide will impart exciting stories and interesting facts about Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City.
Enjoy a gentle walk at Tiananmen Square, which has always been a venue for festivities, proclamations, parades and more. National Museum of China, the Great Hall of the People, Chairman Mao’s Mausoleum and the Monument to the People’s Heroes are its the most prominent sights. Smell the history in the air! and be awed by one of the largest squares in the world.
Next, walk through the central axis of the Forbidden City–an iconic symbol of Beijing, also known as the Palace Museum, and once served as the imperial palace for 24 emperors during the Ming and Qing Dynasties (1368 – 1911). Absorb stunning views of Forbidden City from south to north after passing through the grand Meridian Gate. Stroll around the maze of courtyards, palaces, pavilions, and imperial gardens.
Lunch will be served at a delicious farm-style dishes near Mutianyu after 1.5 hours drive in comfort on your vehicle to Mutianyu.
Afterward, pay a visit to picturesque Mutianyu Great Wall. Follow your guide and take a round-way cable car to get to tower 14 from the north entrance, allowing you approx. 3 hours of free time to climb up to the 20th Watchtower at your own pace, and enjoy the views along the way.
Alternatively, walk from tower 6 after chairlift you will head up to east – tower 1 to see the quiet spots of the wall, take your time and enjoy the views! The walk becomes slightly more challenging as the sections between towers 5 and 1 have more steep stairways. The further up you get, the more peaceful it gets. You will be rewarded with the spectacular panorama of Mutianyu and the true nature of the mountains.
Mutianyu also features a toboggan run (8 am-5 pm), situated on tower 6, it was built and opened in 1998. The total length of the run is 1580m (5184ft). The toboggan run goes down a series of zigzag bends, with an altitude difference of around 100m (328ft).
After enjoying the fantastic views finish your tour by taking toboggan or chairlift down to the bottom of the hill. Mutianyu toboggan ride price is 60RMB during the tourist season.
Note: You may walk a lot as most attractions in Beijing are big in size. Be gentle on your feet and try to avoid the good looking but uncomfortable shoes.
Interested in this tour, any questions? The quickest way to find answers to your questions is to review the most frequently asked questions. If you can’t find the information you are looking for please feel free to contact us.
- Map the tour/VideosMap the tour/Videos: