Why Book This Tour
- Adventure travel on the most popular Jinshanling.
- Explore broken towers along the way.
- Walk towards Jinshanling East with memorable hiking experience.
- Be amazed by the steep slopes on the halfway.
- Feast on a home-grown meal after your hike.
- Spend a hiking-filled day away from the hustle of mainstream tourism.
Duration: 1 dayOptimal season: All year around, best time: March-DecemberArea: Luanping countyBegin in: Your hotelEnd in: Your hotel or central-located place in the cityAvg. daily distance: 3.35 milesTerrain: Rolling to hillyMin altitude: 327mMax altitude: 589mPhysical rating: ModerateDeparture: Daily departing from Beijing
Group size 1pax 2pax 3pax 4pax 5pax 6pax 7pax 8pax 9pax Prices (RMB Per Person) 1980 1090 990 920 880 790 740 690 610
All Prices shown are in RMB (Chinese Yuan) and based per person.Price Promises:
- No factory / shopping stop
- No hidden costs
- No booking fees
We only require a small deposit to book any tour or transfer. You can conveniently make this payment via Paypal, Wise, Wechat or Alipay, or other methods.
The remaining balance can be comfortably settled upon your arrival, either in cash or online, based on your preference and convenience.Special for kids:
To help families we offer discounts to all children aged 17 years and below. No reason to leave the kids at the hotel.
- Ages 0 to 4 years – FREE!
- Ages 5 to 11 years – 50% off–children must be accompanied by at least two responsible adults.
- Ages 12 to 17 years – 5% off
- 5% off with valid student ID
- City accommodation pick-up
- Transportation from Beijing to the wall and back
- On request, drop-off at (same) different locations: centrally located hotel, airport, train station with your luggage (greater luggage requirements please ask for a quotation)
- Friendly knowledgeable English-speaking guide
- A delicious meal as described in the itinerary
- Admission fees
- Gratuity to driver and guide (optional)
- Drinks and other meals
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Cable car
- Sunscreen, sunglasses
- Hiking or trekking shoes/boots
- Long sleeve shirt and pants (because of overgrown bushes)
- Extra bottles of water, fruit, cereal or protein bars, snacks
We’re excited to whisk you away from your lodgings at 7:30 am or at a time of your choosing for an unforgettable hike from Jinshanling to Jinshanling East!
Get ready for a thrill as your journey kicks off at the Jinshanling main gate. Here, a trail takes you up to the Great Wall – a paradise for stair-climbing enthusiasts.
Once you reach the summit, brace yourself for a breathtaking panorama of Jinshanling that will surely leave you speechless.
There’s no rush, so soak in the beauty and create timeless memories.
Next up on our guided tour, we start from the East Five Eye Tower, then continue to the ruined towers.
The hike, though moderately challenging, is guaranteed to be rewarding.
Along the path, you’ll pass several iconic towers including
- the Black Tower,
- Lesser Jinshan Tower,
- and Big Jinshan Tower.
From these vantage points, behold the stunning views of Jinshanling basin and Simatai, Gubeikou Great Wall.
Do be mindful of some slippery areas due to loose rock and gravel on steep slopes.
Even though the trail from Jinshanling to Simatai is blocked, you can still experience half of the original hike up to Jinshanling East.
After reaching tower 22, we’ll backtrack a bit and descend via a newly established trail to a fresh parking area.
Don’t worry, you can still enjoy views of Simatai East from other points at Jinshanling East.
Now, for the cherry on top – a scrumptious lunch awaits you in Bakeshiying town after the hike.
On your journey back to Beijing, don’t forget to ask your driver for a free photo stop at Bird’s nest – it’s an amazing place to capture a few memorable snapshots!
Just a Friendly Note: Jinshanling has two main gates, the Front Gate and the East Gate.
Due to seasonal restrictions, the East Gate is closed for entry from November 16th to March 15th, but you can still exit from there until 3 pm during this period.
Ready for an exciting tour? Jinshanling has 5 main passes and 67 watchtowers to explore.
The whole trek is roughly 6 miles (7 km) and typically takes between 3.5 and 5 hours.
This hike promises a unique journey through Jinshanling’s untamed beauty.
Interested in this tour, any questions? The quickest way to find answers to your questions is to review the most frequently asked questions. If you can’t find the information you are looking for please feel free to contact us.
For those who prefer a more budget-friendly or independent experience, we’re thrilled to offer a self-guided version of our trip.
This option provides all the flexibility, freedom, and adventure of a solo trek, with the convenience of our logistical support.
As you won’t be paying for a guide and related costs, this option is more cost-effective.
Enjoy the same beautiful journey at a lower price point.
Always remember, we’re here to help make your adventure a dream come true!
Map the tour/Videos
Map the tour/Videos: