Why Book This Tour
Adventure travel on the most popular Jinshanling. Explore broken towers along the way. Walk towards Jinshanling East with memorable hiking experience. Be amazed by the steep slopes on the halfway. Feast on a home-grown meal after your hike. Spend a hiking-filled day away from the hustle of mainstream tourism.
- OverviewDuration: 1 dayOptimal season: All year around, best time: March-DecemberArea: Luanping countyBegin in: Your hotelEnd in: Your hotel or central-located place in the cityAvg. daily distance: 3.35 milesTerrain: Rolling to hillyMin altitude: 327mMax altitude: 589mPhysical rating: ModerateDeparture: Daily departing from Beijing
- PricesPrice table:
Group size 1pax 2pax 3pax 4pax 5pax 6pax 7pax 8pax 9pax Prices (RMB Per Person) 1780 1040 990 860 780 720 660 630 580
All Prices shown are in RMB (Chinese Yuan) and based per person.Price Promises:
- No factory / shopping stop
- No hidden costs
- No booking fees
For your peace of mind you don’t pay for the trip until after the trip has taken place. You could pay cash to your tour guide when you are picked up if you are certain that you will not cancel the trip with us. No pre-payment or deposit is required at reservation. Your money will be safe. Both RMB and US dollar are acceptable. Money ConverterSpecial for kids:
To help families we offer discounts to all children aged 17 years and below. No reason to leave the kids at the hotel.
- Ages 0 to 4 years – FREE!
- Ages 5 to 11 years – 50% off–children must be accompanied by at least two responsible adults.
- Ages 12 to 17 years – 5% off
- 5% off with valid student ID
- City accommodation pick-up
- Transportation from Beijing to the wall and back
- On request, drop-off at (same) different locations: centrally located hotel, airport, train station with your luggage (greater luggage requirements please ask for a quotation)
- Friendly knowledgeable English-speaking guide
- A delicious meal as described in the itinerary
- Free-bottled mineral water in the vehicle
- Admission fees
- You’ll automatically become a member of WGW, your spouse and kids to a lifetime discount of 5% off any hiking trip after your first one (membership details)
- Gratuity to driver and guide (optional)
- Drinks and other meals
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Cable car
- Sunscreen, sunglasses
- Hiking or trekking shoes/boots
- Long sleeve shirt and pants (because of overgrown bushes)
- Extra bottles of water, fruit, cereal or protein bars, snacks
- Full itineraryFull Itinerary:
You will be collected from your accommodation at 7.30 am or if you prefer, a different time for memorable hiking from Jinshanling towards Jinshanling East. The adventure begins at the main gate of Jinshanling where you ascend via a trail toward the Wall. If you’re a step-master, this is right for you. At the top, you will feast your eyes on the spectacular panorama of Jinshanling. Take your time and enjoy the views.
Start the walk at east five eye tower then goes up to the ruined towers. The difficulty of the hike is moderate. Along the way you will pass through several famous towers: Black Tower, Lesser Jinshan Tower, Big Jinshan Tower. From the towers you can capture the true nature of Jinshanling basin and Simatai, Gubeikou Great Wall. Certain parts of Jinshanling can be quite slippery due to loose rock, gravel on steep slopes.
As the trail from Jinshanling to Simatai is blocked, the original hike from Jinshanling to Simatai can be done halfway–Jinshanling East. You will exit at tower 22, backtrack a short distance and then descend via a newly constructed trail towards a new parking area. Still, Simatai east can be seen from the other vantage points at Jinshanling East.
You will be rewarded with a yummy lunch at Bakeshiying town after the hike. Returning to Beijing your driver will be glad to have a photography stop at Bird’s nest free of charge on your way back to the hotel if required.
Note: Jinshanling currently has two gates: the Front Gate (Main Gate) and the East Gate. Be aware that visitors are not allowed to enter from the East Gate from November 16th to March 15th and only the Front Gate is available, but visitors can still get out from the East Gate before 15:00 between Nov 16th and March 15th every year.
Jinshanling has 5 main passes and 67 watchtowers. The entire hike is about 6 miles /7 km and takes roughly 3 – 5 hours. This hike brings you an unforgettable journey through the wild beauty of Jinshanling.
Interested in this tour, any questions? The quickest way to find answers to your questions is to review the most frequently asked questions. If you can’t find the information you are looking for please feel free to contact us.
Beijing is not cheap. If you travel on a budget, or if you ‘d like the freedom, flexibility, and adventure of walk on your own, and don’t like to be restricted to particular travel dates, you can choose a self-guided version of our guided trip- just check the link – we are always happy to run self-guided option for you.
Self-guided tour costs less than guided tour but still maintain a level of support and convenience that allows you to explore on your own schedule without sweating the logistics. We can keep the price low because you are not paying for a guide and associated costs.
- Map the tour/VideosMap the tour/Videos: