Why Book This Tour
Step into the tranquility of the splendid Mutianyu in the morning followed by great strolling around experience of the stunning Summer Palace in the afternoon, yummy lunch with toboggan ride / chairlift option also available. Photography stop at world-class “Bird’s nest”. Full day tour in a great no-hassle way to see the most breathtaking views you’ll ever see!
- OverviewDuration: full dayOptimal season: All year around, best time: March-DecemberArea: Huairou districtBegin in: Your hotelEnd in: Your hotel or central-located place, or airport / train stationAvg. daily distance: 2 milesTerrain: Rolling to hillyMin altitude: 331mMax altitude: 978mPhysical rating: ModerateDeparture: Daily departing from Beijing
- PricesPrice table:
Group size 1pax 2pax 3pax 4pax 5pax 6pax 7pax 8pax 9pax Prices (RMB Per Person) 1420 880 840 780 720 680 620 580 540
All Prices shown are in RMB (Chinese Yuan) and based per person.Price Promises:
- No factory / shopping stop
- No hidden costs
- No booking fees
For your peace of mind you don’t pay for the trip until after the trip has taken place. You could pay cash to your tour guide when you are picked up if you are certain that you will not cancel the trip with us. No pre-payment or deposit is required at reservation. Your money will be safe. Both RMB and US dollar are acceptable. Money ConverterSpecial for kids:
To help families we offer discounts to all children aged 17 years and below. No reason to leave the kids at the hotel.
- Ages 0 to 4 years – FREE!
- Ages 5 to 11 years – 50% off–children must be accompanied by at least two responsible adults.
- Ages 12 to 17 years – 5% off
- 5% off with valid student ID
- City accommodation pick-up
- Transportation from Beijing to Mutianyu/Summer Palace and back
- On request, drop-off at (same) different locations: centrally located hotel, train station with your luggage (greater luggage requirements please ask for a quotation)
- Friendly knowledgeable English-speaking guide
- A delicious meal as described in the itinerary
- Free-bottled mineral water in the vehicle
- Admission fees
- You’ll automatically become a member of WGW, your spouse and kids to a lifetime discount of 5% off any hiking trip after your first one (membership details)
- Gratuity to driver and guide (optional)
- Drinks and other meals
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Cable car / Toboggan / Chair lift
- Sunscreen, sunglasses
- Comfortable shoes
- Extra bottles of water, fruit, cereal or protein bars, snacks
- Hat in summer
- Full itineraryFull Itinerary:
You will be collected from your accommodation at 7:30 am or, if you prefer, a different time for you for a wonderful day out to the tranquil Mutianyu & extraordinary Summer Palace. The tour begins at a gentle walk through a small market to the entrance of Mutianyu. Walk along the stairways up toward tower 6 to reach the wall (approx. 40 minutes) or better take chairlift to tower 6 to avoid the initial climb.
Start the walk from tower 6 you will head up to east – tower 1, take your time and enjoy the views! The walk becomes slightly more challenging as the sections between towers 5 and 1 have more steep stairways. The further up you get, the more peaceful it gets. You will be rewarded with the spectacular panorama of Mutianyu and the true nature of the mountains.
Alternatively, you can take the cable car up to tower 14, then walk up to tower 20 and back, to enjoy the view. If you have a strong fear of heights then walk towards tower 14, as the sections between towers 6 and 14 are much easier than the other parts.
Mutianyu also features a toboggan run (8 am-5 pm), situated on tower 6, it was built and opened in 1998. The total length of the run is 1580m (5184ft). The toboggan run goes down a series of zigzag bends, with an altitude difference of around 100m (328ft).
After enjoying the fantastic views from tower 6 you can get toboggan or buy a ticket for the chairlift down. Mutianyu toboggan ride price is 60RMB during the tourist season. Lunch will be enjoyed at a delicious farm-style dishes after the walk then 1.5 hours drive in comfort on your vehicle to Summer Palace.
Explore the largest royal garden, the fantastic Summer Palace in the afternoon. The Palace is most often associated with the Empress Dowager Cixi, who resided here for much of the year and even set up a photographic studio. Compared with the Forbidden City, the Summer Palace is more for pleasure and relaxation.
The palace was built in the Feng Shui style, with the hills to the north, and the water to the south with a giant lake in between. Stroll along the Kunming Lake, Longevity Hill, the Seventeen-Arch Bridge, the marble boat, and the pergola, Walk through the very long corridor-covered wooden promenade along the northern shore of Kunming Lake. Enjoy a big dragon boat cruise on Kunming Lake from May to October (15RMB per person).
Note: You may walk a lot as most attractions in Beijing are big in size. Be gentle on your feet and try to avoid the good looking but uncomfortable shoes.
Interested in this tour, any questions? The quickest way to find answers to your questions is to review the most frequently asked questions. If you can’t find the information you are looking for please feel free to contact us.
- Map the tour/VideosMap the tour/Videos: