Why Book This Tour
Discover the picturesque Jinshanling through the eyes of a photographer! Take pictures of stunning landscape with plenty of replica watches photographic opportunities. Capture the best of Great Wall with private vehicle pick-up & drop-off. Flexible tour for independent photo explorers.
- OverviewDuration: 1 dayOptimal season: All year around, best time: March-DecemberArea: Miyun countyBegin in: Your hotelEnd in: Your hotel or central-located place, or airport / train stationAvg. daily distance: 5 milesTerrain: Rolling to hillyMin altitude: 327mMax altitude: 589mPhysical rating: ModerateDeparture: Daily departing from Beijing
- PricesPrice table:
Group size 1pax 2pax 3pax 4pax 5pax 6pax 7pax 8pax 9pax Prices (RMB Per Person) 1780 1080 990 860 780 720 660 630 580
All Prices shown are in RMB (Chinese Yuan) and based per person.Price Promises:
- No factory / shopping stop
- No hidden costs
- No booking fees
For your peace of mind you don’t pay for the trip until after the trip has taken place. You could pay cash to your tour guide when you are picked up if you are certain that you will not cancel the trip with us. No pre-payment or deposit is required at reservation. Your money will be safe. Both RMB and US dollar are acceptable. Money ConverterSpecial for kids:
To help families we offer discounts to all children aged 17 years and below. No reason to leave the kids at the hotel.
- Ages 0 to 4 years – FREE!
- Ages 5 to 11 years – 50% off–children must be accompanied by at least two responsible adults.
- Ages 12 to 17 years – 5% off
- 5% off with valid student ID
- City accommodation pick-up
- Transportation from Beijing to Jinshanling and back
- On request, drop-off at (same) different locations: centrally located hotel, train station with your luggage (greater luggage requirements please ask for a quotation)
- Expertise and services of our experienced tour guide
- A delicious lunch noted in the itinerary
- Free-bottled mineral water in the vehicle
- Admission fees
- You’ll automatically become a member of WGW, your spouse and kids to a lifetime discount of 5% off any hiking trip after your first one (membership details)
- Gratuity to driver and guide (optional)
- Drinks and other meals
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Cable car
- Sunscreen, sunglasses
- Hiking or trekking shoes/boots
- Long sleeve shirt and pants due to overgrown bushes on the Wall
- Extra bottles of water, fruit, cereal or protein bars, snacks
- Full itineraryFull Itinerary:
You’ll be taken to the photographic hotspots of Jinshanling with comfort and convenience but without a teaching component. Whether you’re already an expert or would love a tour guide to guide you in what and where to shoot on Great Wall Jinshanling, we will help you get to the good positions for the shots in all conditions.
Tour is private and tailor-made to suit your needs as an individual or small group. Day tour visit prime photography locations of Jinshanling within a few hours drive from Beijing. Longer day tour welcome photographers who want to spend more time at top photo locations to get the best available light, and may involve staying up all night in Jinshanling. This allows photography under the very best light conditions to capture the breathtaking sunrise or sunset over the Great Wall.
Who would like this trip? Custom tour for independent photo explorers who want to shoot Great Wall at a particular time or wait for that perfect shot. Avoid the crowds at busy Badaling and a combination of available Jinshanling day tour in a specific order. A perfect adventure for photo enthusiasts, camera clubs, travel publications, travel writers, honeymooners, or just for the pure pleasure and beauty of it all.
How to Book: Fill out the form and let us know your needs. We will send you a free no-obligation proposal and itinerary, based on your layover circumstances and time in Beijing. You are also welcome to send us your tailor-made tour plan by filling the form online.
Jinshanling practical information: Jinshanling is located 125 km northeast of Beijing, and constructed in the Ming dynasty. It has 5 main passes and 67 watchtowers. Jinshanling was first constructed by General Xuda in 1368, then largely repaired, renovated, and expanded by the legendary General Qi Jiguang in the 1570s. The entire hike is about 6 miles /10 km and takes roughly 3 – 5 hours.
Note: Jinshanling currently has two gates: the Front Gate (Main Gate) and the East Gate. Be aware that visitors are not allowed to enter from the East Gate from November 16th to March 15th and only the Front Gate is available, but visitors can still get out from the East Gate before 15:00 between Nov 16th and March 15th every year.
- Map the tour/Videos