Why Book This Tour
✓ No fixed departure time, you set dates/times.
✓ No waiting for other guests, maximize every minute of your to fully enjoy the sights.
✓ No strangers, travel with the people you love.
✓ No large bus, travel by time-saving private car or minibus.
✓ Fast track entry-save precious time at Forbidden City ticket desks.
✓ Special assistance for your older relatives, small children, or someone with mobility or medical concerns on request.
✓ Stress-free layover tour at an affordable price.
Duration: full dayOptimal season: All year around, except for Mondays and public holiday, best time: March-DecemberArea: Huairou district, Dongcheng district,Begin in: Beijing Capital AirportEnd in: Beijing Capital Airport, or your hotel/central-located place, train stationAvg. daily distance: 3 milesTerrain: flatMin altitude: 327mMax altitude: 589mPhysical rating: Easy to ModerateDeparture: Daily departing from Beijing Capital Airport
Group size 1pax 2pax 3pax 4pax 5pax 6pax 7pax 8pax 9pax Prices (RMB Per Person) 1560 990 920 860 820 780 680 580 540
All Prices shown are in RMB (Chinese Yuan) and based per person.Price Promises:
- No factory / shopping stop
- No hidden costs
- No booking fees
For your peace of mind you don’t pay for the trip until after the trip has taken place. You could pay cash to your tour guide when you are picked up if you are certain that you will not cancel the trip with us. No pre-payment or deposit is required at reservation. Your money will be safe. Both RMB and US dollar are acceptable. Money ConverterSpecial for kids:
To help families we offer discounts to all children aged 17 years and below. No reason to leave the kids at the hotel.
- Ages 0 to 4 years – FREE!
- Ages 5 to 11 years – 50% off–children must be accompanied by at least two responsible adults.
- Ages 12 to 17 years – 5% off
- 5% off with valid student ID
- Transportation from Beijing Airport to Mutianyu/Tiananmen, Forbidden City and back
- On request, drop-off at (same) different locations: centrally located hotel, train station with your luggage (greater luggage requirements please ask for a quotation)
- A friendly, knowledgeable, and experienced tour guide
- A delicious lunch as described in the itinerary
- Free-bottled mineral water in the vehicle
- Skip the line entry to Forbidden City
- Entry to Mutianyu Great Wall
- You’ll automatically become a member of WGW, your spouse and kids to a lifetime discount of 5% off any trip after your first one (membership details)
- Optional gratuity to driver and guide
- Drinks and other meals
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Cable car/Toboggan/Chair lift
- Sunscreen, sunglasses
- Comfortable shoes
- Hat in summer
Meet your private guide at Beijing Airport (PEK), and move by an air-conditioned car to start your tour by visiting the amazing city landmarks–Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City.
Note: if your flight is delayed, we will reschedule your pickup time without any additional charge. The driver will wait for you 1 hour from your landing time.
- Walk at Tiananmen Square at a relaxing pace, accompanied by exciting stories and interesting facts provided by your guide.
- Take pictures in front of the National Museum of China, the Great Hall of the People, Chairman Mao’s Mausoleum and the Monument to the People’s Heroes.
- Marvel at the Forbidden City–the royal palace with a history of 600 years old where to see the stylish Chinese pavilion, gardens, courtyards, palaces, etc.
- Learn about court life in Ming and Qing dynasties.
- Taste a delicious farm-style dishes near Mutianyu after 1.5 hours drive in comfort.
- Move to visit the quiet and picturesque Mutianyu Great Wall in the afternoon.
- Follow your guide and take a round-way cable car to reach the wall from the north entrance.
- Spend 2-3 hours of free time to climb up to the tower 20 from tower 14, be rewarded with the spectacular panorama of Mutianyu and the true nature of the hill.
- Return to the tower 14 and descend the wall by ride cable car to save your valuable time.
Mutianyu also features a toboggan run (8 am-5 pm), situated on tower 6, it was built and opened in 1998. The total length of the run is 1580m (5184ft). The toboggan run goes down a series of zigzag bends, with an altitude difference of around 100m (328ft).
At the end of the tour, you will be escorted by your guide/driver back to the airport to catch your flight.
Note: Be gentle on your feet and try to avoid the good looking but uncomfortable shoes.
Interested in this tour, any questions? The quickest way to find answers to your questions is to review the most frequently asked questions. If you can’t find the information you are looking for please feel free to contact us.
Map the tour/Videos
Map the tour/Videos: