Why Book This Tour
Enjoy an uncrowded adventurous hike to see the Great Wall at Gubeikou, and a day to remember for the rest of your life. Pass through Spider Valley, take a detour through military land, hear fantastic Great Wall history, Best views from seating at 24 window tower, a yummy farm style lunch, friendly guide are included in the price.
- OverviewDuration: 1 dayOptimal season: All year around, best time: March-DecemberArea: Muyun district, Luanping countyBegin in: Your hotelEnd in: Your hotel or central-located place in the cityAvg. daily distance: 5.38 milesTerrain: Rolling to hillyMin altitude: 270mMax altitude: 475mPhysical rating: ModerateDeparture: Daily departing from Beijing
- PricesPrice table:
Group size 1pax 2pax 3pax 4pax 5pax 6pax 7pax 8pax 9pax Prices (RMB Per Person) 1780 1040 990 860 780 720 660 630 580
All Prices shown are in RMB (Chinese Yuan) and based per person.Price Promises:
- No factory / shopping stop
- No hidden costs
- No booking fees
For your peace of mind you don’t pay for the trip until after the trip has taken place. You could pay cash to your tour guide when you are picked up if you are certain that you will not cancel the trip with us. No pre-payment or deposit is required at reservation. Your money will be safe. Both RMB and US dollar are acceptable. Money ConverterSpecial for kids:
To help families we offer discounts to all children aged 17 years and below. No reason to leave the kids at the hotel.
- Ages 0 to 4 years – FREE!
- Ages 5 to 11 years – 50% off—children must be accompanied by at least two responsible adults.
- Ages 12 to 17 years – 5% off
- 5% off with valid student ID
- City accommodation pick-up
- Transportation from Beijing to the wall and back
- On request, drop-off at (same) different locations: centrally located hotel, train station with your luggage (greater luggage requirements please ask for a quotation)
- Friendly knowledgeable English-speaking guide
- A delicious meal as described in the itinerary
- Free-bottled mineral water in the vehicle
- Admission fees
- You’ll automatically become a member of WGW, your spouse and kids to a lifetime discount of 5% off any hiking trip after your first one (membership details)
- Gratuity to driver and guide (optional)
- Drinks and other meals
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Cable car
- Sunscreen, sunglasses
- Hiking or trekking shoes/boots
- Long sleeve shirt and pants (because of overgrown bushes)
- Extra bottles of water, fruit, cereal or protein bars, snacks
- Full itineraryFull Itinerary:
You will be collected from your accommodation at 7.30 am or if you prefer, a different time for a wonderful day hike from Gubeikou to Jinshanling. The adventure begins gently at Gubeikou village, with a short climb up to a broken tower. Walk eastward and enjoy plenty of photography stops before you reach General Tower. From there you will capture the true nature of Gubeikou mountain.
After 1 hours’ gradually climbing through several towers, then you will reach 24 window tower. Here, a large part of the wall belongs to the military area. You will descend into the basins of the Spider Valley. From here it is a gentle walk through the cornfields to the hilly trail.
Along the way you will pass through an abandoned house, complete with a well and a mid-sized water store in the middle of the Valley. Going through the hilly trail in 1.5 hours then walk back to the wall -Jinshanling west. After a short climb, you will reach the West five-window Tower. Here you can sit in the tower and gaze down the spider valley.
You’ll get off the wall at the renowned Zhuanduokou. Enjoy a yummy farm-style lunch at Bakeshiying town then your vehicle will take you back to Beijing.
Gubeikou is around 12 miles /20 km long and is divided into four sections: Simatai Jinshanling Panlongshan and Wohushan. Hiking from Gubeikou towards Jinshanling takes 4 -5 hours. This tour will let you explore the true wilderness of Gubeikou in an informative and easy way, maximize your time in the wilderness and enjoy an uncrowded adventurous hike.
- Map the tour/VideosMap the tour/Videos: