Why Book This Tour
Explore the unique water Great Wall in the company of experienced knowledgeable guides for an unforgettable outdoor experience. Participate in full day of Huanghuacheng Great Wall and mountain walking at your own pace, enjoy the tranquility of wild Great Wall followed by home-grown meal in a fascinating day. Ideal for active Great Wall holiday seekers.
- OverviewDuration: 1 dayOptimal season: All year around, best time: March-DecemberArea: Huairou countyBegin in: Your hotelEnd in: Your hotel or central-located place in the cityAvg. daily distance: 3.35 milesTerrain: Rolling to hillyMin altitude: 327mMax altitude: 589mPhysical rating: ModerateDeparture: Daily departing from Beijing
- PricesPrice table:
Group size 1pax 2pax 3pax 4pax 5pax 6pax 7pax 8pax 9pax Prices (RMB Per Person) 1580 980 860 790 760 680 590 540 520
All Prices shown are in RMB (Chinese Yuan) and based per person.Price Promises:
- No factory / shopping stop
- No hidden costs
- No booking fees
For your peace of mind you don’t pay for the trip until after the trip has taken place. You could pay cash to your tour guide when you are picked up if you are certain that you will not cancel the trip with us. No pre-payment or deposit is required at reservation. Your money will be safe. Both RMB and US dollar are acceptable. Money ConverterSpecial for kids:
To help families we offer discounts to all children aged 17 years and below. No reason to leave the kids at the hotel.
- Ages 0 to 4 years – FREE!
- Ages 5 to 11 years – 50% off–children must be accompanied by at least two responsible adults.
- Ages 12 to 17 years – 5% off
- 5% off with valid student ID
- City accommodation pick-up
- Transportation from Beijing to the wall and back
- On request, drop-off at (same) different locations: centrally located hotel, airport, train station with your luggage (greater luggage requirements please ask for a quotation)
- Friendly knowledgeable English-speaking guide
- Delicious meals as described in the itinerary
- Free-bottled mineral water in the vehicle
- Admission fees
- You’ll automatically become a member of WGW, your spouse and kids to a lifetime discount of 5% off any hiking trip after your first one (membership details)
- Gratuity to driver and guide (optional)
- Drinks and other meals
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Cable car
- Sunscreen, sunglasses
- Hiking or trekking shoes/boots
- Long sleeve shirt and pants (because of overgrown bushes)
- Extra bottles of water, fruit, cereal or protein bars, snacks
- Full itineraryFull Itinerary:
Latest updates on Feb 7th, 2020: Watch out for bees: recently our guests reported that they got stung by some bees at Zhuangdaokou. It’s advisable to wear light-colored clothing or bring bug spray just in case. And if you see bees, get away from them immediately for the reasons of safety.
What better way to explore Huanghuacheng Great Wall than by foot. You will be collected from your accommodation at 7.30 am or if you prefer, a different time for a wonderful day out to Huanghuacheng. The adventure begins at Zhuangdaokou village where you ascend via a hilly trail westward to Xishuiyu.
The starting point is easily accessible. From the valley, you walk upwards through the stunning watchtowers. The track is dilapidated but easy to follow. The wall between the first and second tower is ruined. Due to overgrown bushes, you have to walk along the very edge of the wall, quite high above the ground. Take your time and enjoy the views.
Climbing up the fourth tower could be a bit scary, but very easy grips and safe. You need to climb into the tower, around a 1.4 m step, it’s at the edge of the wall, and there is a drop of several meters under you. The sixth tower serves as a turning point for you. From here the left part of the wall can be seen clearly in front of you. In the right following, the wall falls rapidly to the lowest point and rises to the mountain peak. Turn left and keep walking you will reach the seventh tower.
The ninth tower was on the mountaintop and is totally weathered. From here the view is amazing! You will have a spectacular panorama of Huanghuacheng, and the broken wall running underneath the water! Take it slow and enjoy the views.
From here, the wall is too broken to walk safely, so you will take a short nature walk through the hilly trail to Xishuiyu village, where you will enjoy country-style lunch and have a break. The entire guided walk is about 5 miles /8 km and takes roughly 3 – 5 hours. You will not only see the wild beauty of Huanghuacheng but touch, taste, smell and listen to it. This is much more than just a walk.
Did you know? From Huanghuacheng, you can visit Ming Tomb (approx. 40 minutes drive) if departing at 7 AM from Beijing works for you. (Best time to visit: April – October.) You are welcome to contact us by filling the form online. We will offer you the most suitable tailor-made itinerary with the best price.
- Map the tour/VideosMap the tour/Videos: