Why Book This Tour
Step into the splendid Mutianyu in the morning followed by great strolling around experience of the tranquility of Ming Tombs & Sacred Way in the afternoon, yummy lunch with toboggan ride / chairlift option also available. Photography stop at world-class “Bird’s nest”.
- OverviewDuration: full dayOptimal season: All year around, best time: March-DecemberArea: Huairou districtBegin in: Your hotelEnd in: Your hotel or central-located place, or airport / train stationAvg. daily distance: 2 milesTerrain: Rolling to hillyMin altitude: 331mMax altitude: 978mPhysical rating: ModerateDeparture: Daily departing from Beijing
- PricesPrice table:
Group size 1pax 2pax 3pax 4pax 5pax 6pax 7pax 8pax 9pax Prices (RMB Per Person) 1480 960 880 820 780 660 580 520 480
All Prices shown are in RMB (Chinese Yuan) and based per person.Price Promises:
- No factory / shopping stop
- No hidden costs
- No booking fees
For your peace of mind you don’t pay for the trip until after the trip has taken place. You could pay cash to your tour guide when you are picked up if you are certain that you will not cancel the trip with us. No pre-payment or deposit is required at reservation. Your money will be safe. Both RMB and US dollar are acceptable. Money ConverterSpecial for kids:
To help families we offer discounts to all children aged 17 years and below. No reason to leave the kids at the hotel.
- Ages 0 to 4 years – FREE!
- Ages 5 to 11 years – 50% off–children must be accompanied by at least two responsible adults.
- Ages 12 to 17 years – 5% off
- 5% off with valid student ID
- City accommodation pick-up
- Transportation from Beijing to the wall and back
- On request, drop-off at (same) different locations: centrally located hotel, airport, train station with your luggage (greater luggage requirements please ask for a quotation)
- Friendly knowledgeable English-speaking guide
- A delicious meal as described in the itinerary
- Free-bottled mineral water in the vehicle
- Admission fees
- You’ll automatically become a member of WGW, your spouse and kids to a lifetime discount of 5% off any hiking trip after your first one (membership details)
- Gratuity to driver and guide (optional)
- Drinks and other meals
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Cable car / Chair lift / Toboggan
- Sunscreen, sunglasses
- Comfortable shoes
- Extra bottles of water, fruit, cereal or protein bars, snacks
- Hat in summer
- Full itineraryFull Itinerary:You will be collected from your accommodation at 8 AM for a wonderful day out to the tranquil Mutianyu Great Wall & Ming Tombs (Underground Palace). The tour begins at a gentle walk through a small market to the entrance of Mutianyu Great Wall.Walk along the stairways up toward tower 6 to reach the wall (approx 40 minutes) or better take chairlift to tower 6 to avoid the initial climb. Start the walk from tower 6 you will head up to east – tower 1, take your time and enjoy the views! The walk becomes slightly more challenging as the sections between tower 5 and 1 have more steep stairways. The further up you get, the more peaceful it gets. You will be rewarded with a spectacular panorama of Mutianyu and the true nature of the mountains. If you have a strong fear of heights then walk towards tower 14, as the sections between tower 6 and 14 are much easier than the other parts.
Mutianyu Great Wall also features a toboggan run (8 am-5 pm), situated on tower 6, it was built and opened in 1998. The total length of the run is 1580m (5184ft). The toboggan run goes down a series of zigzag bends, with an altitude difference of around 100m (328ft). After enjoying the fantastic views then from tower 6 you can get toboggan or buy a ticket for the chairlift down. Mutianyu toboggan ride price is 60RMB during the tourist season.
Lunch will be enjoyed a delicious farm-style dishes after the walk then a 1-hour drive in comfort on your vehicle from Mutianyu Great Wall to Ming Tomb. Explore the tranquility of Ding Underground Palace Tomb and walk along the Sacred Way in the afternoon. Ding Ling, the tomb of the 13th Ming emperor Zhu Yijun, who died in 1620 and is buried at Underground Palace with his primary wife, favorite concubine. At the top of the soul tower, you will be rewarded with a spectacular panorama of Heavenly Longevity mountain. Take your time and enjoy the views. Click here to download free Ming Tomb trip instructions Ebook (PDF)
Afterward, your guide will take you on a short nature walk to explore the Sacred Way. The Sacred Way leads you through a central corridor featuring carved statues of animals and human figures. The numerous large statues along the path and the trees lining each side make it a special experience for you. On the way back to your place, your driver will have a photography stop at Bird’s nest, grab your camera, and enjoy the views.
Note: You may walk a lot as most attractions in Beijing are big in size. Be gentle on your feet and try to avoid the good looking but uncomfortable shoes.
- Map the tour/VideosMap the tour/Videos: